Shot Hole Borer

The polyphagous shot-hole borer (PSHB) is now in the Perth Metro area, threatening trees. Report any signs of the Polyphagous Shot Hole Borer here

Close alert


Rangers are the City of Kwinana's local government local law enforcement service providing ranger and compliance service. Our service provides a 7 days a week response service to local government law enforcement matters, not already offered by the WA Police.  

Contact details

Call and report: 9439 0200


What can Rangers help with?

  • dog, cat control and animal management issues (but not animal welfare issues of any kind);
  • attend to roaming livestock control issues on council owned and control road verges and reserves;
  • local parking and parking management issues on City-owned, controlled and managed roads, verges, public access ways and footpaths only;
  • litter and Illegal dumping complaints;
  • safety and security concerns at City-owned, controlled and managed facilities, reserves and parks only;
  • local fire hazards or bush fire break matters, permit to burn and bushfire fuel load concerns within the Kwinana community;
  • local government compliance concerns related to the use of land including commercial vehicle parking, home businesses/occupations, illegal building works and compliance investigations into the development of land to ensure compliance with the City of Kwinana Town Planning Scheme No2.
  • verge compliance issues e.g. storage of materials, verge obstructions and damage to thoroughfares, and unsightly overgrown properties
  • storage of vehicles in a state of disrepair and vehicle wrecking.
  • untidy properties with accumulation of rubbish and disused materials. 
  • abandoned vehicles left on City’s roads and thoroughfares (excluding private property)
  • outside normal business hours, officers  may respond to noise complaints, only operating in an observe and report capacity, in relation to matters such as construction noise from building sites, noise from the use of specified equipment e.g. power tools, musical instruments, lawn mowers and loud music, etc
  • City maintenance and repair issues at its facilities, roads, parks and reserve areas reported after hours; and
  • off-road vehicle issues on City-owned and controlled facilities, reserves and parkland areas only.  (no hooning complaints).

To report any of these matters, please call Rangers on 9439 0200, 7 days per week and an officer will respond to your concerns in due course. 

What Rangers cannot respond to:

  • request for security patrols or inspections of private properties or commercial sites, hooning complaints of any kind, including unlicensed scooters, motorbike on road and verge areas;
  • reports of suspicious persons, vehicles and disturbances on any non-local government land, facilities, parks or reserves;
  • neighbourly disputes of any kind;
  • Animal welfare issues of any kind.
  • reports of any personal welfare or safety issue outside of council owned and controlled facilities;
  • off-road vehicle issues on any road, verges, pathways or private property;
  • security or parking control issues on land not owned or managed by the City;
  • any other non-local government controlled matter; and
  • request to supply or install cat traps or removal of reptiles on non-local government owned, controlled, or managed lands or facilities.

All these matters would require WA Police involvement or other state agency involvement. 

For WA Police related matters call 131 444.​

Share this page

How can we improve our website?Expand
Was this page helpful?

Do you require a response from the City of Kwinana?

Please confirm your identity