Eligible and registered ratepayers have the opportunity to either:
- claim a rebate on the rates and Emergency Services Ley; or
- defer payment of the rates and Emergency Services Levy
To be eligible, the ratepayer must:
- own and occupy the property as at 1 July of that financial year
- hold an eligible concession card (examples listed below)
- be registered with the City of Kwinana or the Water Corporation
How to apply
Applicants can contact the Water Corporation on 1300 659 951 to register. The Water Corporation will verify the applicant's eligibility and then forward on the information to the local government to apply the rebate to the Council rates and Emergency Services Levy.
Option One – Claim Rebate
To claim the rebate, simply pay the rebated amount on your annual rates notice by the 30th of June. The amount of rebate applied to your account is calculated depending on the type of concession cards that you hold:
|Card Type||Rebate % and Maximum Amount |
|Pensioner Concession Card||Up to 50% rebate on the rates and Emergency Services Levy only – maximum rates concession is $750 for the 2023/2024 financial year|
|WA Seniors Card||Up to 25% rebate on the rates and Emergency Services Levy only – maximum rates concession is $100 for the 2023/2024 financial year|
|Commonwealth Seniors Health Card and WA Seniors Card ||Up to 50% rebate on the rates and Emergency Services Levy only – maximum rates concession is $750 for the 2023/2024 financial year|
Option Two – Defer Payment
To be eligible to defer payment of the rates and Emergency Services Levy, you must be eligible for the full 50% rebate and pay the other charges such as rubbish charges and swimming pool inspection fees.
- remain as a debt on the property until paid
- are not required to be paid until the entitlement to defer ceases, such as the applicant moves out, sells the property, dies and leaves no surviving spouse/de facto
- may be paid at any time, but a rebate cannot be claimed when they are paid
- do not incur interest charges
Change in Circumstances
Applicants must advise the Water Corporation if they:
- are issued with a new card or their card is cancelled/expired
- have changed any of their details that were provided on the original registration
- sell or transfer an interest in all, or part, of the property or move to another address
- have a spouse who ceases to occupy the property
- as a WA Seniors Card holder, become an eligible pensioner or the holder of a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
The Water Corporation will notify the City of the changes.
Contact the Rates Team on 9439 0200 or email email@example.com.