Throughout my time as a Councillor in Kwinana I helped to successfully move Kwinana from being the Town of Kwinana into the City of Kwinana, with all the benefits associated with the move. After attending a Main Street Conference in Melbourne, on behalf of the City, I brought back ideas on how to transform, enhance and invigorate Chisham Avenue to become the City's main street. I am also very proud to be one of two Councillors on the Looking Forward Committee. The outcome of this committee brought huge investments into Kwinana and helped change the City into a more vibrant place plus cater for the ever-growing needs of our community.
As a City Councillor, I put forward several ideas to provide improved facilities that would benefit our residents, some of which were subsequently implemented. Two of these were the enclosed dog park at Peace Park, which several other local councils have copied and built, and the adult gym equipment located at Wellard Park.
In 2013 I was awarded a Merit Certificate by the West Australian Local Government Association for distinguished services to the community.
Representation on City of Kwinana Committees
- Executive Appraisal Committee
- Access and Inclusion Working Group
- Cash Donations and Sponsorship Assessment Panel
- Community Events and Neighbour Day Events Assessment Panel
- Kwinana Community Funding Panel
- Local Commercial Support Grant Panel
- Naming of Parks, Places and Buildings Working Group
- South West Corridor Development Foundation (SWCDeF) (Deputy)
- South West Group Environmental Forum (Deputy)
Representation on External Committees
- Alcoa Kwinana Refinery – Environmental Improvement Plan Advisory Board
- Beeliar Regional Park Advisory Committee
- Joint Development Assessment Panel (Proxy)
- Kwinana Senior Citizens Centre (Proxy)
- Local Government Association – South Metropolitan Zone
I am very keen to protect the natural bushland and abundance of trees growing throughout our City and to ensure the street verges in new developments are wide enough to allow for the planting of street trees.
While on the Council, I faithfully represented our City on several committees and am continuing to do so in this term of office.
I am currently a member of the Kwinana Returned Services branch (the RSL) and also a member of the Kwinana Lions Club.
Our City is growing rapidly and needs Councillors who are able to make objective decisions for our community. I will continually work for our residents to provide measured, well thought out decisions which will benefit the majority of people who make their homes in Kwinana.