Shot Hole Borer

The polyphagous shot-hole borer (PSHB) is now in the Perth Metro area, threatening trees. Report any signs of the Polyphagous Shot Hole Borer here

Close alert

Parking Infringements

The City of Kwinana has power under the Local Government Act 1995 to make local laws necessary for the good government of the district. These local laws may govern activities on land owned or managed by the City, as well as certain activities on private land within the City.

The City currently has enacted local laws which address many issues including car parking within the City.

If you receive a parking infringement, you must pay or appeal within 28 days of the date of issue. If payment is not received within the 28 days of notice, action will be taken under the Fines, Penalties and Infringement Notices Enforcement Act 1994 and further costs may be encountered. 

How to pay your parking infringement

In person

Make a payment in person at the City's Administration building. 

Corner Gilmore Avenue and Sulphur Road

Kwinana, WA 6210

Between the hours of 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.

By Post

Send a cheque or money order - payable to City of Kwinana and marked non negotiable. Please reference the parking infringement number. 

Po Box 21, Kwinana WA 6966​.


Pay your parking infringement online via the City's online services platform.

Appealing a parking fine

If you wish to appeal a parking infringement you may do so in writing, directed to the City of Kwinana, to the above mentioned address. Appeals must be received within 28 days of the date of issue. Please reference the parking infringement number. 

Invalid reasons to appeal a parking infringement

The City of Kwinana  is generally unable to withdraw an infringement if:

  •  You had an appointment that went over time
  • You lost track of the time
  • You took an important phone call and were delayed
  • You parked for just a few minutes over the allowed time
  • You did not see or understand the sign
  • You did not know the parking rules
  • You thought that you were allowed to park there
  • There was nowhere else to park
  • You ran out of petrol.
  • I did not own the vehicle at the time and you are unable to produce documentation to support the claim.

Reasons why an appeal may be considered

Your infringement notice may be overturned if:​

  • Your vehicle broke down and you could not move it. Proof needed: RAC call-out documentation or other evidence of mechanical failure.
  • If you were not the driver at the time of the issued infringement. Proof needed: Complete a Statutory Declaration nominating  another driver/owner including the driver’s name and address details.
  • Your disabled parking permit may have fallen from the dashboard. Proof needed: You must produce your valid ACROD permit on request.
  • Immediate medical attention being undertaken or required by driver. Proof needed: Medical certificate/documentation.
  • Your vehicle was stolen or you were detained by the police. Proof needed: The Police Reference Number.
  • You were not the owner of the vehicle at the time : Proof of change of ownership paperwork and information of who the new owner is in the form of Statutory Declaration. 

Share this page

How can we improve our website?Expand
Was this page helpful?

Do you require a response from the City of Kwinana?

Please confirm your identity