Lodge/track a planning/development application

Find out whether a land use is permissible or if you require a planning approval for future development works you may wish to undertake on a property within the City of Kwinana.

An application for planning approval is required for most development within the City of Kwinana.

Development includes buildings, earthworks and land uses, whether rural, residential, commercial or industrial. Most development will require planning approval either from the local government or the WA Planning Commission (minor outbuildings and residential additions may be exempt).

We encourage you to contact the City's Planning Department to check your zoning and whether your proposal would require planning approval on 9439 0474. 

Information and Forms

    Hope Valley Wattleup Redevelopment Area (Latitude 32)

    All development within the Latitude 32 area, requires Planning Approval under the Hope Valley Wattleup Redevelopment Project Master Plan (Master Plan). 

    Subdivision Applications​

    The Western Australian Planning Commission is the State Government authority with the ultimate control over the processing and determination of subdivision within Western Australia. Although Local Government does not share such decision making powers, it is nonetheless an important partner in the subdivision process through providing comment and recommendation on every subdivision proposed in its local area. Local Government also plays an important role in assessing the design and construction of subdivisions which have been granted approval by the Western Australian Planning Commission to ensure requirements are met and each condition relevant to Local Government is been satisfied.

    Lodging a Subdivision Application

    The Western Australian Planning Commission also commonly imposes conditions relevant to servicing authorities and Local Government (Water Corporation, Western Power, Telstra, ATCO Gas etc.), and these authorities similarly ensure each condition relevant to them is satisfied as part of the design and construction of subdivision.

    To download a Subdivision Application form or consult guidance notes, please follow the link to the Western Australian Planning Commission’s subdivision information section of the website.​

    Send us your feedback!Expand
    Was this page helpful?