The City of Kwinana endeavours to keep our community beautiful with the City Assist team authorised to enforce the provisions of the Litter Act 1979.
Preventative measures are also in place to address littering issues including overt/covert CCTV surveillance.
Litter can take many forms including;
- rubbish thrown from a moving vehicle or by pedestrians;
- building rubbish, household rubbish or green waste placed on street verges;
- placing advertising materials on vehicle windscreens;
- dumped shopping trolleys;
- improperly disposing of used syringes; and
- abandoned vehicles.
Penalties apply if litter is not disposed of appropriately.
As of Friday 11 January 2013, littering penalties increased and a greater range of offences were identified.