Administration Building Refurbishment

The City will be commencing its refurbishment works to the customer service foyer at the administration building from 19 April – 14 June 2022. During this period, we would appreciate any customers wishing to make an enquiry to do so, where possible, either via phone 9439 0200 or email We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Close alert

Animal complaints (nuisance, barking, dog attack)

Find out about cat and dog complaints, including dangerous dogs, dog attacks, barking, and nuisance cats.

Nuisance animal complaints 

If you have a animal complaint such as a barking dog or a nuisance cat:

  • Approach your neighbour first about your concerns
  • If you cannot find a lasting solution contact the City Assist team for help on 9439 0200.

For more information, view the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries fact sheet on nuisance dogs.

Dangerous dogs 

Under the Dog Act 1976, the City of Kwinana may declare a dog ‘dangerous’ if it attacks, shows a tendency to attack or repeatedly threatens or chases people or animals.

Owners of dangerous or aggressive dogs must have their dog:

  • On a lead in public places

  • Muzzled in public places 

  • Suitably confined when on the owner's property

  • Sterilised and registered

For more information, view the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries fact sheets on Dangerous Dogs (Declared).

Restricted Breeds

The Dog Act 1976 identifies the following as restricted dog breeds:

  • Pit bull terriers

  • American pit bull terriers

  • Dogo Argentino

  • Fila Brasileiro

  • Japanese tosa 

  • Perro de pressa canario 

  • Any crosses of these breeds.

​Report a dog attack 

A dog attack does not necessarily have to result in injury to be considered an attack.

Dog attacks can include:

  • Biting a person or animal
  • When in a public place (not private property) a dog may chase or act aggressively towards a person or animal, whilst not under proper control .

To report an attack or for further information, please contact City Assist on 9439 0200. The officers can investigate your report and take appropriate action under the Dog Act 1976.​

How can we improve our website?Expand
Was this page helpful?