Operating since 2006, the Leadership, Youth and Respect in Kwinana (LyriK) program recognises the valuable contribution young people aged 10 to 18 years make to the Kwinana community. Since it began, the LyriK programs has since grown to include a number of new initiatives and opportunities for young people to take part in.
The LyriK program exists to build the resilience of young people in Kwinana through public recognition and community participation. Encouraging aspiration through leadership and development opportunities, in order to create a positive community impact.
This mission of the LyriK program is achieved through the following core objectives;
- Build Resilience
- Leadership & Development
- Community Impact
The Leadership Youth Respect in Kwinana (LyriK) Awards are available for young people who are leading the way in the community.
Anyone can nominate a young person between 10 and 18 years old for a reward, including parents, teachers, coaches and peers. There are six categories for nomination.
- Is excelling in their academic studies, at work or on the sporting field.
- Has strived to achieve their best at all times in their chosen field.
|Respect Award||Recognises young people who encourage others in a respectful way. These young people also display manners, personal ethics and strong principles. For example a young person who;|
|Leadership/Role Model Award|
- Who acts as a positive influence to others or encourages others in their pursuits.
That have taken it upon themselves to raise awareness around an important issues.
|Inspiration Award||Recognises young people who have at some point overcome difficulties in their day to day life, such as issues relating to family, culture and health – and still contributed to their community. For example someone who; |
- Works tirelessly to recruit others for community events or positive awareness campaigns.
- Has overcome extreme odds to stay focused on personal goals or excel at academic or recreational pursuits.
- Assists their friend when they are in trouble. This person may encourage their friend to seek help from other services.
- Assists another with homework, school project or learning a new skill.
Nominations for the LyriK Awards are currently closed. The nomination form will be available here when they reopen.
Postal Address: PO Box 21, Kwinana WA 6966
Phone: (08) 9236 4550
Fax: (08) 9439 0222
The LyriK Program was awarded National Youth Engagement award in 2009 for its positive engagement with young people and in 2016, the City of Kwinana won the WA Local Government Children's Environment and Health Awards – Children's consultation category for its process in consulting with young people on the Kwinana Outdoor Youth Space (KOYS) and Youth Outreach Live Outdoors (YOLO) projects.
The LyriK Program is proudly sponsored by the following organisations: