The City of Kwinana is closely monitoring the risk posed to the City of Kwinana by COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and is seeking guidance from State and Federal Health Departments.
The City wants to take the opportunity to reassure you that the City has prepared a pandemic plans and business continuity plans to ensure that essential services such as rubbish collections, customer service, City Assist services and park and reserve maintenance will continue to be carried out.
While this is a rapidly evolving situation, City of Kwinana community members are advised to continue to go about their ordinary business and while doing so to be alert but not alarmed. If the situation changes, the City will be advised by the Department of Health and will provide community members with timely advice on what to do.
Remember to take care of your health and protect others by doing the following;
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Maintain social distancing (at least 2 metres)
- Avoid touching eyes nose and mouth
- Practise respiratory hygiene –cover your mouth with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze
- Stay home if you feel unwell
If you have recently travelled overseas or you have been in contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 (Coronavirus) please do not attend City of Kwinana facilities and stay in doors until you have been cleared by your GP to help stop the transmission of the virus.
City of Kwinana Services - Status Update (as at 23 March 2020)
- Kwinana Recquatic Centre - Closed
Darius Wells Library and Resource Centre
- Kwinana Public Library - Closed
- All library and Darius Wells community programs - postponed or cancelled.
- Assessing ways to maintain public PC access with 2-3 computers available, subject to significant social distancing and defined areas.
- Review all operating practices to introduce if possible increase in home delivery and pick up / drop off points.
- Justice of the Peace services – closed.
- Crèche – closed
- Service Providers can continue operating in an office space and as per the indoor requirements of 1 person per 4 metres
- Dome - takeaway only
- Carol Adams Lounge - closed
Community Centres (Wellard and Bertram) and Community Facilities - Bookings
- John Wellard and William Bertram Community Centres - closed
- Community programs - postponed or cancelled.
- Bookings - cancelled
- All casual bookings or application to hire any City of Kwinana facility (inc outdoor venus) - cancelled.
Zone Youth Space
- Zone Youth Space - closed
- Youth Engagement, Community Outreach and Community Liaison functions will continue in the short term in line with Department of Health social distancing and hygiene protocols.
- External tenants are permitted to continue using the Zone Youth Space, in line with Government and City Protocols.
Community Engagement and Place
- All City funded events, activities, programs and engagement has been cancelled or suspended until further notice including:
- Neighbour Day;
- Community events funded by the City, run by community organisations;
- Skills Boosting Workshops;
- GROW information sessions;
- Stay on Your Feet;
- Food Sensations for Adults;
- Smirks Cottage events;
- Medina Oval Master Planning process.
- All City planned engagement is cancelled or suspended unless it is able to be undertaken within online, via the phone or other non-direct contact mediums.
Events and Stakeholder Management
- All major events have been cancelled, however planning will continue for events scheduled to take place towards the end of the calendar year, next financial year.
- Request for Quotation for end of year Community Concert to continue, with timeline extended to allow sufficient interest from respondents.
- All minor events be suspended or cancelled including:
- Thank A Volunteer Day;
- New Teachers Bus Tour.
- Arts Awards and Sports Awards are suspended until further notice
- Community funding programs to cease until further notice.
Bright Futures Children's Services
- Playgroup Services - cancelled
- Educator support functions - continuing
- Volunteer Centre – continuing with modified operations focusing on phone and on-line activity.
*Advised re-open dates will be reassessed closer to the advised end date
- Kwinana Youth Fest 2020 - Cancelled
- ANZAC Day - Cancelled
- A Taste of Bertram - Cancelled
- Neighbour Day - Cancelled
- e-Waste Recycling Tour - Cancelled
- Composting Workshop - Cancelled
- Worm Farm Workshop - Cancelled
- BLUE The Film Screening - Cancelled
- Containers for Change - Cancelled