Neighbourhood Watch is a Police and community-based program, aimed at reducing preventable crime in your neighbourhood. It's free to join, simple to participate in and can involve everyone in the community.
Getting your Street Involved in Neighbourhood Watch
For more information on how to get involved in Neighbourhood Watch, please visit www.nhw.wa.gov.au.
Tips on making your home more secure:
- make sure all doors and windows are locked before you leave;
- keep fly screens locked when you are in your home-remember fly screens stop flies not people;
- never leave keys outside your home;
- cut back shrubbery around the house to ensure natural surveillance;
- make sure your house number can be seen clearly from the road;
- keep the area around your home well lit at night;
- keep garden sheds, garages and side gates locked;
- make sure any tools or ladders are locked away;
- keep your post and meter boxes locked;
- install a burglar alarm;
- have all your valuables engraved or property marked;
- always keep money, handbags and keys out of view away from doors and windows;
- never give personal details over the phone; and
- fit a door viewer and never let strangers into your home.
Email Neighbourhood Watch. Please note: any correspondence to Neighbourhood Watch is separate to the City of Kwinana.