This is not an application for planning approval.
An application is to be made to vary the Residential Design Codes (R-Codes) if:
- an application for planning approval is not required under the Town Planning Scheme; and
- the proposed development involves one of the following:
- the exercise of a discretion by the Council under the Residential Design Codes; or
- the exercise of a discretion by the Council under a Local Planning Policy made in accordance with the Town Planning Scheme.
- in accordance with the R-Codes; and
- in accordance with the City’s Residential Policy or DAP.
- Detailed Area Plan Variations require a planning approval and should not be dealt with as an R-Code Variation;
- any front setback or variations which have an impact on the streetscape should be via a planning approval;
- Site Cover and Outdoor Living area variations require a planning approval and should not be dealt with as R-Code Variations;
- ancillary accommodation units (or any extension to a house resembling such with or without laundry facilities) require a planning approval;
- any variations to a provision of the Residential Development Policy require a planning approval and should not be dealt with as an R-Code Variation; and
- R-Code Variations may be accepted for any other items not covered above – i.e. side/rear setback variations, patios and outbuildings (adjoining owner comments are to be provided and the proposed structure is not exceed maximum permitted floor areas).
If you're in doubt about whether an application should be made on this form, please consult the City’s Building Services on 9439 0208.
Adjoining Owners Comments
All owners of the affected property must sign the Adjoining Owners Comments (AOC) form and all the attached plans and drawings.
In determining the application for variation under the Residential Design Codes, the City of Kwinana will take into account the comments of adjoining owners.
Note: The City is not obliged to support the views of adjoining owners. If you would like advice from a Council Officer please do not hesitate to contact Building Services on 9439 0208.