Feral Pigeon Subsidy Scheme
The City of Kwinana has introduced a program to help residents control feral pigeons on their property.
The City will provide a subsidy of up to $250 per premises towards one or both of the following eligible control measures (individual maximum limits apply).
|Pigeon Control Measures||Description||Maximum Subsidy Limits|
- Materials and installation costs for netting (bird wire or mesh) and enclosing eaves.
- Include labour cost for removal of pigeons from roof cavity by a licensed pest management technician*.
|Up to $150|
- Costs for trapping by a licensed pest management technician*.
|Up to $200|
*Licensed pest management technicians are defined under the Health (Pesticides) Regulations 2011 and are registered with the WA Department of Health.
How do I qualify for the subsidy?
- Must be a property in City of Kwinana.
- One claim per household or property.
- Works must have been completed and undertaken within no more than three months of the claim being lodged.
- Account must be paid in full to the contractor or business. A copy of the account with a receipt showing description of the eligible goods and/ or services and the charges listed separately.
Please note the following:
- The City is unable to make recommendations for particular businesses or licensed pest management technicians. The City recommends that the applicant read the Department of Health's 'Guide to selecting a pest management business' before authorising the person to undertake any works.
- The use of chemicals including pesticides are not supported by this Scheme.
To make application, please read and submit the Feral Pigeon Control Subsidy Scheme application form.
If you would like further information, please speak to the Environmental Health Department on 9439 0475.
Cows, Sheep, Pigs, Goats and other Livestock