15 July 2019
Have you ever wondered what your rates pay for in the City of Kwinana and how they help you?
Your rates help us deliver the key projects and events that have helped shape Kwinana into the vibrant, exciting and safe City it is today!
Discover more about what your rates go to in our short rates video.
Sign up to eNotices and pay your rates in full before Friday, 23 August for your chance to win one of 12 prizes including;
eNotices Competition Terms and Conditions.
- 5 x $1,000 cash prizes from City of Kwinana;
- 5 x 3 month Gold Membership passes to the Kwinana Recquatic Centre valued at $403 each;
- 2 x Double Passes to " Discovery Concert: The Art of Orchestration " on Saturday 23 November 2019 valued at $158 per double pass.
Key Highlights of the 2019/20 Budget
- $391,000 towards local business grants and programs. The City will continue to implement economic development initiatives and support youth, home-based businesses and local commercial businesses.
- $2.4m towards safety and security, with a focus on improved CCTV, community education and control of illegal dumping.
- $2.03m towards the Zone Youth Centre, with a focus on the community liaison service that currently works with at-risk, disengaged or homeless community members at popular locations in the City Centre.
- $2.7m in road upgrades and renewals – including Gilmore Avenue, Anketell Road, Pace Road and the Wellard Road duplication project.
- $215,000 upgrade of the footpaths at Clark Way and Perham Crescent.
- $1m for a new sporting pavilion at Honeywood Oval and a lighting upgrade at Thomas Oval to the value of $495,000.
- $162,000 towards the City's continued upgrade of local parks via the Parks for People Strategy.
- $396,000 towards bringing bigger and better events to our local community – including an end-of-year concert at Calista Oval, the annual Children's Festival and a revitalised Youth Festival – all of which will be FREE and on par with any big offering on the Perth events' scene.
- The City will continue to support the Koorliny Arts Centre and will provide a significant contribution of $407,212 to fund their operations.