- are a permanent resident of Australia;
- have lived in Australia at least four years, including at least 12 months as a permanent resident;
- are able to speak and understand basic English;
- are of good character;
- have a basic knowledge of English (this requirement won't apply if you are aged 50 or over);
- have an adequate knowledge of the responsibilities and privileges of being an Australian citizen; or
- intend to live in, or maintain a close continuing association with Australia.
Page reviewed: 19 Sep 2019 3:49pm