Over the past 10 years I’ve been an active member of the Bertram school community, where I have held many roles from P&C President to Chair of the School Board.
I am a very active member of the Kwinana Junior Knights Football club where my children play AFL. I have held various roles at the club from Auskick Registrar, Treasurer and now club President.
During my 20s I was heavily involved in advocating for young people and was an inaugural member of the City of Perth Youth Advisory Council.
I have spent most of my working life within the community sector in range of roles from youth worker to, team leader and service manager. I am currently employed by the State Government where I work as an electorate officer in a State MP’s office managing issues in the community.
I hold a Certificate in Youth Work, Certificate in Training and a Diploma of Community Service Management.
- Audit Committee
- CEO Appraisal Committee
- Chair of the Community Events grants Committee
- Chair of the Community Events committee
- Citizen of the Year selection Committee
- Board member and former Chair Bertram Primary School Board
- Member of the Bertram P&C
- Board member Honeywood Primary school
- Council’s representative on the Kwinana Senior Citizens Committee
- Current President and Auskick Registrar of the Kwinana Junior Knights Football Club and former Treasurer
- Former member of the State Off Road Advisory Committee
I am very passionate about giving children and young people opportunities to be more active in our community.
I support sustainable development within the City, in the right areas, to cater for the community as a whole. This needs to be balanced to ensure the City keeps as much of its natural bushland as possible as this is what makes Kwinana such a unique area to live. I am also passionate about ensuring we are doing everything possible to increase safety and security in our City.
The City is growing fast, with much of the future development planned in areas such as Wandi, Anketell, Casuarina and Wellard. I am keen to ensure the City keeps up with this growth, with the services and facilities offered following suit.
I am a strong advocate of creating sustainable communities, ensuring all the great people in our City have adequate access to the skills and resources required to help make their suburbs better places to live.