This fully accredited course delivered by First Aid Trained will provide you with the confidence to take control and provide first aid in an emergency. The course covers the following units:
• HLTAID011 Provide first aid
• HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
• HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
The course comprises of approximately 1 hour of pre-learning online and 1 full day of practical face-face-delivery.
You will require access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies. If you do not have access to this please contact email@example.com so alternate arrangements can be made.
You must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
What to Expect at Training
You will perform tasks and practical scenarios such as:
• Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
• Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
• Perform CPR on an infant
• Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
• Manage a casualty with asthma
• Manage a choking casualty
• Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
• Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
• Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
• Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
• Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ spider bite)
• Theory assessment: written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty. Ltd. RTO 90909 by First Aid Trained and presented by the City of Kwinana.