The City wants events to be successful, but also safe and compliant with all relevant legislations. Anyone who organises an event has a responsibility to protect the health, safety and welfare of those who may be affected by the event.
We suggest event organisers contact the City before lodging application forms and relevant documents. The City has produced a Community Events Toolkit
, which will guide you through the process of lodging the correct application forms for approval and may answer some of your questions about what needs consideration. These can include venue selection, food safety, fire safety, toilets, insurance, waste management, emergency services, marketing and risk management.
Event Application Forms
Public events can include festivals, fairs, open days, car boot sales, concerts, fundraisers, street markets, movie nights, shows and performances. Private events encompass birthday parties, family or friend get-togethers and wedding ceremonies. Please read the Terms and Conditions
before completing the relevant booking forms.
Please use the following scenarios to assist you to select the correct forms for submission:
- If you are planning a public event for 50 people or more at a City of Kwinana owned/managed venue or any other venue, you will need to complete an Event Application Form.
- If you are planning a private event for 50 people or more at a City of Kwinana owned/managed venue, you will need to complete a Standard Booking Form.
- If you a planning a private event for 50 people or more at any other venue, you will need to complete an Event Application Form.
- If you are planning a public or a private event for less than 50 people at a City of Kwinana owned/managed venue, you need to complete a Standard Booking Form.
- If you are planning a public or private event for less than 50 people at any other venue, please contact City of Kwinana Environmental Health Services for assessment of other requirements including food and stallholders permits.
The event application form should be submitted at least 60 days prior to the event (except fireworks permit application, which is required at least 90 days prior to the event). The standard booking form should be submitted at least 10 days prior to the event.
City officers will assess the application and may require completion of other application forms depending on the degree of risk and complexity to public health and safety.
Fees and charges may be applicable and will be quoted upon completed applications.
City of Kwinana Venues
Application forms from external agencies
Other Support ToolsContacts