- Monday to Thursday: 9am to 7pm
- Friday: 9am to 5pm
- Saturday: 9am to 3pm
- Sunday: 12pm to 4pm
Closed Public Holidays.
Phone: 9236 4300
Fax: 9439 0222
Everyone is welcome to be a library member and it's free to join. Just come into the library, fill out a form and provide proof of your current name and address, such as your drivers licence, rates notice or health care card. Please note that a parent or guardian will need to fill out a membership form and sign for children under the age of 18 years.
- adults, young adults and children can borrow up to 10 items; and
- all items are available for a three week loan period.
Updates to borrowing - effective 1 July 2017
To deliver a more effective inter-library loans service, the State Library of WA and Public Libraries WA will be making some changes, commencing 1 July 2017:
- patrons will each have access to a total of 12 inter-library loans per annum.;
- fiction items will be available for inter-library loan lending from 12 months after the item’s purchase. This applies to fiction in all formats; and
- if an external loan from outside the WA public library system is requested, a fee based on recovering costs will be charged.
These changes will be trialled for a six-month period.
Any inter-library loan requests submitted prior to the commencement of the trial will not be affected.
Library staff will endeavour to supply requested items through alternative means, including purchasing requested items rather than ordering an inter-library loan. Services the library provides as alternatives to inter-library loans will be promoted in the near future, including e-books and reader’s advisory.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback on these changes, please speak to library staff.
- Internet - A free Internet service is available, just ask one of our friendly library staff for more details. A two-hour per day limit applies.
- Wi-Fi - Free Wi-Fi is available at the Darius Wells Library and Resource Centre.
- Photocopying - Photocopying is available. Costs apply.
- Library Bags - Cotton Library bags are for sale at just $3.60 each.
- Laminating - Small business sized cards can be laminated for just $3.30 each i.e. pension concession cards. A4 page and A3 can also be laminated at a cost of $6.60 (A4) and $10.90 (A3).
- Engravers - Four Easy Etch Engravers are available FREE for a three-week loan.
Programs and Activities
The Kwinana Public Library runs term and school holiday programs throughout the year for adults and children.
Home Library Services
Kwinana Public Library provides a free home library service for eligible residents who live within the boundary of the City of Kwinana. You may be eligible for this service if you are unable to visit the library due to age, disability or health problems or are a full-time carer of a person in the above group.
For further information on this service, please contact the Library on 9236 4300.
Justice of the Peace
A Justice of the Peace (JP) is available at the Kwinana Library at the following times:
- Monday: 10am to 12noon
- Tuesday: 10am to 12noon
- Wednesday: 9am to 12noon
- Thursday: 9am to 12noon
- Friday: 9am to 12noon
Our JPs are volunteers and may not always be available due to unforeseen circumstances. It is advised that you call ahead on 9236 4300 to ensure they are in attendance.
For further information, including a database of JPs across WA, visit the Department of the Attorney General website.